Friday, January 21, 2011

Friendly visit to Busan

It was great to see some more familiar faces from my previous travels. JiHun and HaeIn, thanks for showing your hospitality and providing a place for me to crash as well as showing me around Busan.

The ssamgeupssal (pork belly) was 1 inch thick steaks sliced and grilled over charcoal. So yummy. You can never go wrong with bacon.

The fresh fish market was like nothing I've ever seen before. Pike Place Market pales in comparison in both shear size, variety, as well as freshness. Not only were they filleting freshly caught fish right in front of us, but I've never seen so much live fish in tanks.

A night stroll along the Haeundae waterfront was beautiful. Didn't even know Korea had sandy beaches. I bet they're amazing during the summer and a reason for me to come back.

Btw the hoduk (Korean dessert pancake) was delicious. So worth the 15 minute wait in the freezing cold!

1 comment:

  1. unfortch... i think the sand is artificially brought in.. >.< but yay bacon!!!

    ReplyDelete