Saturday, November 13, 2010

Diving in Dahab

Dahab is the perfect diving town: relatively inexpensive, great visability, slow currents, and a massive amount of sea life and coral within the Red Sea. Snorkeling in the Blue Hole was fantastic. So much variety, clown fish, lion fish, and even puffers. At one point I thought I saw sea horses, but I later found out they were pipe fish. Slightly down about that but not out.



Diving by the lighthouse was an experience in itself. Felt so surreal being underneath the water for such an extended period of time. My highlight was seeing Nemo in the sea anemones. Need to get an underwater camera for future travels.

A 12 hour bus ride back to Cairo and the chance to see the Cairo Museum before I left Egypt helped me realize why I didn't find the Valley of the Kings as spectacular as I expected...everything is in the museum!

I left downtown Cairo with 3 hours before check-in and I still almost missed my flight. Traffic is so hectic. Now I'm off to Tanzania to climb Kili! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. wait, i thought you already climbed kili? anyhow, good to hear that you're alive and well. :)

    ReplyDelete