Monday, November 1, 2010

Marrakech, here's looking at you kid

Marrakech is half locals and half residents.  The difference between the two is like night and day, so easy to spot foreigners.

Spent my first day in Marrakech trying to get my camera fixed.  Need something to document my travels visually and my IPhone wasn't going to cut it.  This may be the trip of electronic failures: my laptop twice and now my camera.  Ehhh, I'm just looking at it from the perspective as if I upgraded... now I have the panoramic function on my brand spanking new camera.

The street food in Africa is much better than Europe which has too many variations of kebabs and chips.  Skewers and Tagine in the Medina, so good.


The souks are amazing. Massive amounts of shops in narrow alleys selling all sorts of goodies.  And it's so hectic with the carts and motorbikes zooming in between all the pedestrians. 

Had a several hour layover in Casablanca so I hired a taxi for 20 euro to show me around for 1 hour plus commentary in half French and half English.
Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca

Rick's Cafe from one of my favorite movies

4 comments:

  1. my dentist colleague said that rick's cafe was built in 2002 for all the tourists that would come by and ask for it. funny...anyhow, she said you pretty much did everything that morocco had to offer. did you look at the link i gave you on your previous post....hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the market looks cool. too bad your bag is too full to pack with things you can't buy in the states. and the taxi you hired... was that just a random taxi driving trying to make side cash or an actual business?

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the food pics look so YUM! and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so jealous. i went watched casablanca the other day!!

    ReplyDelete