Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lilongwe Thanksgiving

 After a 9 hour bus ride and some more minor issues with the buses I arrived in Lilongwe, Malawi to meet up with a couple of my Kilimanjaro hiking mates, Owen and Claire.  They had invited me to their Thanksgiving potluck with their fellow expat and local friends. I was pleasantly surprised, actually elated, when we arrived to find 3 turkeys for 30+ people and all the fixings plus more for a traditional Thanksgiving meal. I was very thankful!
 Followed the day of gluttony with a day of Ultimate Frisbee (way too much running!), viewed the rescued animals at the Lilongwe Wildlife Center, and ate the best Chinese food I’ve had on my trip so far. Who would’ve thought I’d find it in Lilongwe.  It was definitely back to back days of food coma.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a Thanksgiving spread! You ate better than us!:)

    The boys will love the animal pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you had wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete