Wednesday, February 9, 2011

7 day Himalayan Trek to Annapurna Base Camp

I only have two travel tips for trekking in the Himalayas.

1) If you don't want to get lost, follow the trail of donkey droppings. It may smell but they'll lead you back to civilization. Donkeys are used as the main source for transporting goods between villages.

2) If you want to follow the easiest route of a trail, follow the donkey droppings. Donkeys are surprisingly efficient animals.

Ridiculous number of stairs! From now on when I'm given the choice between taking the stairs or elevator I only have one answer...elevator!


Not only were my legs sore but my neck as well. Count can't how many times I've bowed and said namaste (hi).
And so it begins...

Enjoying the view with the guides.

Taking a break



Base Camp...finally

So much snow. Made the trek more memorable.

What a contrast between the top and the bottom.

5 comments:

  1. wow...AMAZING pictures! I've been jealous of your trek around the world this whole time..but I think this tops it, I've always wanted to go to Nepal/Tibet region..even moreso now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm serious. you have to read three cups of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pictures and you look good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing picture!!!!! what a breath of fresh air it must be~ i get one, just from looking at the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing trek. and the best part was day 5, the natural hot spring. sooo relaxing after 5 days of difficult trekking!

    ReplyDelete