Thursday, March 3, 2011

Broken vow in Jaisalmer

I've never been so sore, the allure of the desert is lost on me. After Egypt and the pyramids I vowed never to ride a camel again. I just broke that vow in Jaisalmer to make a friend's dream come true. The pain is back and I'm not sure if it was worth it...

I didn't even know they had deserts in India and the sand dunes were definitely subpar compared to the Sahara. As expected the camel ride was blah, but the people we were with made the whole experience worth the trip. A camp fire and a few brews was also a plus.
Walking through the streets in Jaisalmer Fort.
My camel. Named him Half Stroke cause it looks like half his his face had a stroke.


1 comment:

  1. the video's not working. and i totally lol'd at your camel's name. he really does look like he's droopy on one side. btw, nice pic of the camels' shadows. looks like you're improving on your photography skills through this trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete