Thursday, March 3, 2011

Celebrations in New Delhi

Celebrations in New Delhi

With the Ganges River in Varanasi and the Taj Mahal in Agra already checked off my list, the only other thing I wanted to see was an Indian wedding procession. I was lucky enough to stumble upon one within the first several hours of stepping foot into New Delhi. Traffic is literally stopped by the joyous dancing and singing through the streets while the groom rides atop a horse on his way to meet his bride. What a great celebration and tradition. Wanted to follow the procession the whole way, but decided not to creep. And as luck had it, I was able to see another one, and another...and yet another. I guess with over 1 billion people I'm bound to see a few within the month I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. you should've just joined in! free food and lots of dancing all day/night long!

    ReplyDelete