Saturday, March 12, 2011

Last days in Kochi and Chennai

Was one of 6 attendees to see a Keryla traditional dance. The main attraction of the dancing wasn't impressive, although the facial expressions especially the eyebrows was superb. What rather impressed me was the drummer and the different rhythms he beat that evoked a variety of emotions and feelings and set the tone for the whole drama.

Stumbled upon another unknown Indian holiday of which there seem to be 365+. But this one also included feeding a huge male elephant with a magnificent headdress strolling through the center of the town. Such a calm and docile beast. Never would have thought I would ever get that close, just had to stretch out my arm and I could have touched it.

Now after a month and a half without beef, with the exception of a sandwich in Goa which contained some sort of mystery meat (and gave me food poisoning), I have been craving a juicy burger. My eyes are out for the crown of BK and the much coveted Whopper. Oooooh yeah!

Finally after many ups and downs shared with my travel buddy, I'm sad to say we'll be parting ways. It was fun while it lasted and I'm left with memories for a lifetime. Thanks SunYoung! Now it's off to Vietnam and the company of my best bud Hong.
Backwater Tour
Love eating with the hands
Chinese fishing nets
Fresh catch of the day. So grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment