Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dumbfounded in Ho Chi Minh City

Not sure how accidents don't occur. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how the traffic flows, but it works and it's very efficient. Over 7 million motorbikes in one city. Mind boggling.

Before I arrived in Vietnam I was wondering why was I going besides the fact I was to meet a friend there. After a bowl of pho and a Vietnamese sandwich I knew part of the reason was food. Then as we sped through the Mekong Delta I thought to myself again..."why?" Definitely not the action packed river tour I expected after watching the movie Apocalypse Now. But as I catch up with Hong I'm reminded how lucky I am, I'm thankful to be in great company enjoying the sights and sounds of a new place and people.
Best mate joining me for several months.
Mekong Delta.
Fresh fruit. Can't stop eating...
Local fish.

5 comments:

  1. glad you met up with john safely! have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the second i win the lotto...i'm joining you two! hope you guys are having fun, be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're traveling with John!:) What kind of fruit is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,son! Where are you? Hope you are safe. Having a wonderful time together. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete