Thursday, August 19, 2010

So it finally begins!

After a month and a half of being unemployed I begin my journey, to spend the next 6 months traveling the world and to experience more of life. How did I get to this point? That’s a tough question and something that I’m not sure I can fully answer now. I can describe the actions that led me here but the full intent behind them is difficult to explain. My action: I put in my notice to quit after 3 ½ years of corporate America. My intent: a culmination of many things. Some may say that I’m following a dream, others that I’m having a quarter life crisis, and they’re both probably right in some way. It’s also my love and longing to travel and experience different people and cultures. Not wanting to be complacent with life but rather to challenge myself and go outside my comfort zone. To find out who I really am and the extent of what I can and cannot do. To take a chance and an opportunity that I will never have. I guess these are all typical answers, but the difference is I’m willing to follow through.

5 comments:

  1. Moon, I love what you said about "not being complacent and pushing yourself to go outside your comfort zone." Reminds me of Phil 2. Not to be a bible geek, but that's where I am in life myself. Anyways...I'm proud that you're actually going thru with this. Best of luck. Be praying for you!

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooner! Brother! I am inspired by your leap of faith to take action and not just sit there waiting for an answer. I hope that you have an amazing experience outside of the U.S. You truly have an opportunity of a lifetime. Make the best of it. Keep us updated as much as possible. I will be following you on your journey through this blog. Btw, since when did you become such a good writer?

    DCheezy

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm glad you're only going to be gone for 6 months. :) Sorry for losing it at the airport. My little brother is all grown up and not so little anymore. Took me 26 years to figure that one out. Ha.

    2. Be sure to send mom & dad some email updates. Especially, mom. You know how she gets. ;)

    3. Have fun, be safe, and take lots of pictures (preferably not the back of a bald man's head)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to follow through...now I can live vicariously through you!:) I'm excited to follow your travels through this blog. Take and post lots of pictures...the boys will love to see them! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i just read from beginning (of the blog page) to beginning (of your journey)!~ amazing amazing!! pictures, descriptions, adventures, everything! good luck in your travels to asia!~ be safe and healthy and have fun! looking forward to reading more!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete