Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tour of Cardiff Wales

Another day begins and I’ll admit it’s pretty lonely without a companion. Just to drive the point in deeper my bunkmates in the hostel are two different couples. Curiously one couple is from London, the other from Glasgow and they’re both on a couple’s weekend. Interesting lodging arrangements…very inexpensive, some might even say cheap. I was hoping to join others in my tour of Cardiff, but I’m not about to trike. I’ll just put up with site seeing on my own until I get to Edinburgh. Hopefully it won’t be all working blokes like in London or couples in Cardiff. After breakfast I visited Cardiff Castle in the heart of the city. It’s amazingly huge and very well maintained. I’m surprised how much is still standing after all these years. Some of it has been rebuilt, but it still looks great.

Cardiff Castle


Following a tour of the castle I tried to head to Cardiff Bay by water taxi. There were 19 spots available, with 20 people waiting. Of course I was the 20th person so I ended up waiting an hour for the next one. I was slightly put off, but then I put on my Ipod and the first song that played was One Republic’s "Good Life". This is literally my theme song for my UK trip, maybe for my whole trip. It’s as if the song was written for me. What is there to complain about when I’m living the good life? I have so much to feel good about and because of the song I feel so rejuvenated. BTW Cardiff Bay is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been too. Wish my camera didn’t die on me halfway through.

Cardiff Bay


Just came back from the pubs with several Welsh mates. Honestly I didn’t understand a single word they said with their accent and slang, but we had a great time. The pub had a special going on, £5 for a drink and curry. Seriously some of the best curry I’ve ever had. Wish I brought my camera but it’s still charging. Well tomorrow I’ll be heading to Edinburgh. No clue what I’ll do there, but I’ll figure something out.

5 comments:

  1. Just walked mom through a tutorial of how to post a comment. Expect lots of comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! son, glad see your happy face at blog.
    Dad & I enjoying your journey every day.
    Good posting,wonderful illustrate!!!
    Now nunna help me how to comment. Thanks,M...
    We are travel with you, pray for you.
    'moonwalkTheworld' proud of son,cheer you.

    LOVE, m&d

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so happy we got to video skype!!

    and p.s. i love that your family are your biggest blog fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what can i say this blog isn't about tracking my memories, it's so my family can keep tabs on me...jk. i'm thankful that i have their support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...just want to make sure you're safe and enjoying your adventure as well!:)

    ReplyDelete