Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day in and day out for Lisbon

The essence of the city was just what I needed, slow and relaxed. The most chill city I've been to. It took a full day to arrive here, and another full day to leave, but it was definitely worth it.


View from Castelo de Sao Jorge

Can't get enough of the architecture and the Spanish tiles. So whimsical. And the food so simple yet so tasteful. Best of all...cheap.


Homemade cheap food by Nuns! Not only was the food good, but the view too.

Traditional Portuguese BBQ chicken. So simple yet so good.

And freshly washed clothes...gotta love it.

Now I'm off to Marrakech, Morocco. To get there I start off with a night train to Madrid, then a day train to Algeciras and a restful night there in my first single room of the trip. Can't wait for some privacy and my own space. In the morning a short bus ride to Tarifa and a ferry to Tangier, Morocc. After all day exploring the city a night train to Marrakech, Morocco. In the morning and 3 nights later I'll be at my destination. I know it's much faster and cheaper to take a flight, but I wanted to take the scenic route. What's the point of traveling and exploring if you skip everything?

2 comments: