Friday, October 15, 2010

Nice thoughts

The South of France is what I imagined all of Europe would be like... I guess too much Hollywood on my part.


I was told the Chagall exhibit in Nice was a must. He definitely saw the world from a different perspective, maybe a little crazy? Wouldn't have understood any of his artwork without the audio commentary, and I liked how they used "obviously" in every other sentence.


A day trip to Eze Village and Monaco was spectacular. It reminded me of driving down highway 101, very scenic. Although, from atop Eze Village it was pretty difficult to get views of the surroundings unless you pay. I noticed one particular restaurant had spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea so I decided to go in for lunch. I soon found out it was a one star Michelan restaurant as I looked at the lunch prices. I decided to opt for a latte instead. Most expensive cup I've had, but worth every dollar. Views were amazing.


Not sure why but I was extremely happy being in Monte Carlo. Maybe it was the weather or the fact that I was actually in the South of France, but I had a grin from cheek to cheek all day long. Must have looked like a fool.


The French TGV railway went on strike. Had to find other means to get to Spain. Luckily I was able to book the last seat on the midnight Euroline Bus for Barcelona.

5 comments:

  1. Safe travels to Spain. That beach looks beautiful. Matthew comes to me every morning with shovel in hand and asks to go to the beach! Enjoy your last few days in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's the commentary on the video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Spectacular views makes me relax!!!!! Wish be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are these pictures from where you are staying?

    ReplyDelete