Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Budapest...possibly my new favorite?

Wow what a beautiful city (sorry I apologize for having a limited vocabulary especially when it comes to descriptive adjectives). I find it difficult to concisely portray a city within a couple sentences or even paragraphs, but I still try.

While I was in Budapest the weather was pleasant albeit a little chilly with gusty winds. Had to buy a sweatshirt to survive the Budapest nights. My original plan was to chase the sun so I'd have a lighter pack on my shoulders, but the sun was too fast (or I was too slow). And I was told most people overpack when backpacking, but I think I took their advice a little too closely :)

Great view of the city.

3rd largest Parliament


Budapest has great traditional hearty food and they definitely enjoy meat, so not the place for vegetarians. Luckily I'm a carnivore so I had no problem. Only issue was I struggled to push forward and stay active after each meal. Food coma every time.

Heart attack waiting to happen. Basically a donut, garlic sauce, sour cream, and cheese.  Yea that`s how they roll in Budapest.

Beef stew with pasta. So yummy.

And the Turkish Baths...heavenly. Need I say more. Just wished I had more than 2 hours to enjoy all the pools and saunas. I did come out looking like a wrinkled prune though...a glowing, fully relaxed, and stress free prune.


Inspiration for the Walt Disney castle.

3 comments:

  1. Hi from Maui! The fam misses you. :) That donut thing looks amazing. I wish you could bring some home with you. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to this amazing spa in Maui, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to the Turkish Baths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the food looks soooooo good. I dont know why, but that donut looks amazing.......

    ReplyDelete